Pages

2008/06/01

A Book Tag


La Delirante - a Salvadorean living in beautiful Malta has sent me a book tag , the rules being :-


1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people, and acknowledge the person who tagged you .

I have a habit of reading a lot of books simultaneously - maybe I take my mutitasking very seriously . I have this fondness for Doris Lessing and I am reading her book "Under My Skin" as well as finishing Rushdie's "Enchantress of Florence" . And no, I have not read Jhumpa Lahiri's angst ridden diaspora reflection "Unaccustomed Earth" and we have slammed it good and proper at an ahem "Book reading " on the net -at last call there were 39 mails on the subject ,not all complimentary, a few puzzled reflections and some plain mean :)

To get on with the tag :-

I am on page 123 and on sentence 5

" It was in that place that for the first and last time in my life I walked in my sleep '"

The next 3 sentences :-

"The washrooms were down a steep flight from the dormitory step. The washrooms were down a steep flight from the dormitory rooms , and I woke up as I tried to climb on to the basins , thinking they were a bed.I fled up the stairs in the dark into the darkness of the dormitory that glimmered with white shapes".

Now for the difficult part - tagging 5 people . Maybe Dipali , Madmomma,Opaline,Anamika and Mrs Turley .

5 comments:

the mad momma said...

i am honoured and thrilled. i love book tags. will do .

La delirante said...

Hi :) Cool book tag ;) I have never read anything by Doris Lessing but I would love to get hold of any of her books soon :) This one that you have shared with us looks very interesting :)

Have a great week!

Usha said...

OOps.. I tagged you this time!
I think you may have already done this over a group mail once.
Please feel free to refuse. :)

La delirante said...

Hi again :) Could you please send me an e-mail? wendyfb@gmail.com so that I can invite you to my new private blog? :) thanks,

Mallika said...

Oh dear, sounds like Lahiri is getting a right drubbing! That's a sweet book tag.